Friday, January 27, 2012

83 Pounds Gone!

I have been doing Crossfit for 4 weeks now and was having some issue with the fact that I have only lost 2 pounds so far. Totally frustrating considering I workout so much and so hard. 2 damn pounds and I bust my backside everyday to the point where I am double over about to puke. My muscles are so sore I can hardly walk almost every day. It really does hurt so good but when the scale tells me that I'm eating bon bons every day and not working out it's  not a happy day. I'm in an abusive relationship with my scale.

So... I was thinking... I don't really know how far I have come so I decided to look at where I have been. I pulled up pictures from when I lived in New York, after I had Kaija and Makai and today. I have come a long way on the road to becoming healthy.

It started with Karate.I was taught discipline within myself and confidence to say the least. Some call it a New York attitude I call if confidence LoL I worked very hard to earn my blackbelt training 7 days a week for several hours a day. It totally consumed me and helped me lose about 20 pounds.

Then.... I got knocked up! The weight gain with Kaija wasn't bad and I actually lost it pretty easy but when I got knocked up again with Makai the weight stayed for way too long. The stress that Dre caused lead to ice cream, cheese burgers and Greek food! Now I would be lying if I said I didn't eat these things still cause I totally do but I am much smarter and eat them way less often.

The New Years Resolution was to get fit and healthy so I made some major changes to my life. I started eating healthy all the time, exercised 4 times a week and broke off my engagement with Dre which was some major baggage!

After looking for pictures of the progress I pretty much suck! I have always hated body pictures so I always hid but I was able to find a few.





I had just started training at NY Goju Karate  before I had lost any weight. I was def my biggest here!

 Down about 20 pounds here



This was about 6 months before I was knocked up with Makai.

6 months after I had decided to make the life style change. Down about 25 pounds.
October 2011 down about 30 pounds

This is the most recent body shot that I have and total from start to finish is 83 pounds gone!!!

I am hoping that in the next 3 months I will have another body shot to add to the collection that will show even more progress!


Side by side comparison...

Keeping the faith... one day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Don't stress over only losing 2 lbs since doing crossfit. I guarantee what you are doing is gaining more lean muscle mass and you are probably losing inches. I know when I first started I was frustrated that I wasn't losing weight anymore either (or not very quickly). But we did a challenge this summer. For 9 weeks and we either ate Paleo, Zone, or both. I didn't do it 100% true but at the end I only lost 2 lbs. But I lost over 4% body fat. It's really not about the pounds on the scale. I don't even weigh myself anymore.

    Have your trainer/coach take your measurements and calculate your body fat percentage. I know it's scary. I didn't want to do it. Then stick with what you are doing and have them take your measurements again every 30 days or even after 90 days. I promise there will be a huge difference. It may not show on the scale but it will with the way your clothes fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lean muscle mass is what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Kiera. Don't worry about the scale. It doesn't tell you the whole story. You are trading muscle for fat. Get your measurements done!!!! Another thing that Ty and I do is take pictures. We would take pictures and do measurements every 6 weeks. Pictures really help you see your transformation. Don't stress about the weight. My hubby went from 28% body fat down to 10% in the last year. He only lost 10-15 lbs though. If he just went by what the scale said that would be very discouraging. My weight has pretty much stayed the same in all my working out but I have gained at least 10 lbs of muscle.
    Keep working hard and eat smart. Diet is one of the biggest keys!
    NICE WORK JAMI!

    ReplyDelete