Thursday, January 19, 2012

When You Thought I wasn't Looking


My lover sent this to me and it was perfect timing. 

Kaija and I were driving home  the other night when a car a ahead of us flipped over and rolled through a fence and landed upside down. My first thought was to call 911, which I did and the police and medics were on their way. Within a minute they were there. Kaija's first thought was to pray. The very second she saw the car upside down I heard her in the back praying for the people in the car that they would be ok.  I was one proud mama at that moment that my baby knew to pray. 

We pray every night and before every meal and I don't think twice about it. After that night it made me realize that our babies really do watch everything we do and mimic it a lot of the time. I am far from perfect and say damn and hell around babies all too often but that night I was grateful that my baby girl was taking notes when I didn't realize it. 

I am so proud of my girl who is being raised to have faith in all things and at all times... regardless of the hardship for herself, family, friends and even strangers.
         
        WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN'T LOOKING

A message every adult should read because children
are watching you and doing as you do, not as you say.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you hang my
first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately
wanted to paint another one.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you feed a
stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind
to animals.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make my
favorite cake for me, and I learned that the little
things can be the special things in life.
When you thought I wasn't looking I heard you say a
prayer, and I knew that there is a GodI could always
talk to, and I learned to trust in Him.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make a
meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I
learned that we all have to help take care of each other.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you take care
of our house and everyone in it, and I learned we have
to take care of what we are given.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw how you
handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't
feel good, and I learned that I would have to be
responsible when I grow up..
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw tears come
from your eyes, and I learned that sometimes things
hurt, but it's all right to cry.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw that you
cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.
When you thought I wasn't looking I learned most of
life's lessons that I need to know to be a good and
productive person when I grow up.
When you thought I wasn't looking I looked at you and
wanted to say, 'Thanks for all the things I saw when
         you thought I wasn't looking'
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This shows you've taught her where to turn. You're a great mama, and faithful woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Crystalee! Oh my how I will miss your face when I leave M*!

    ReplyDelete