Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hold Up, Wait A Minute....

Funny how a person can say something to you and it stays with you long after the conversation has ended.

I was on a date and he asked me what I was looking for in someone that I date. I rambled off the usual job, car, can't live with ya mama and your criminal record can't be more than a page long... ha ha but then he continued to tell me that he was talking with a friend and his friend told him that all girls wanted was a man with job. As the date went on we had a great conversation but that comment stayed with me.

WTF have I been thinking to have my standards so low? I have allowed myself to be used and abused and then I had the nerve to complain about it. Key word there... ALLOWED. When I dated Dre my mom and I were in a huge fight and she said " Do you not remember who you are?" but it wasn't until this cute boy said his comment that I really put some thought into it. My standards for dating SUCK!

I have always been a sucker for a man with Swagger but at this point in my life I need more than swagger! Swagger doesn't pay the bills.

So I have re-evaluated my standards and am pleased to announce they are much higher than before NOT to say that I am the most amazing girl to date but I am kinda cool! HaHaHa

Keeping the faith... one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment